The importance of KYC
Know your customer (KYC) is a process that verifies the identity of the customer. Bitfufu requires that all customers complete the KYC before purchasing our mining products. KYC is used to comply with local anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing, and other relevant regulations and policies. By providing identification authentication, we can better protect customer accounts, decrease the possibility of fraud, and provide customers with better service. We will strictly protect the personal information of our customers.
Hence, we would like to invite our clients to review the KYC rules below to gain a better understanding, and to avoid KYC verification rejections.
Personal verification - Level 1
1.The KYC verification process requires the upload of ONEof the following documents: passport, NRIC (National Registration Identity Card), driver's license.
- Documents must be submitted in a photo format, only JPG and PNG files are accepted, scans or photocopies will not be accepted
- To verify NRIC and driver's license, both sides of the photo must be uploaded.
- It is strictly forbidden for clients to download identification documents from the internet or submit tampered identification documents; otherwise, we will freeze the account without any further notice.
- An expired passport, NRIC, and driver's license cannot be submitted for verification.
- For verification, the NRIC or driver license must contain English; otherwise, a passport photo is required.
- The same identity cannot be used in multiple applications by a differentuser account, this is strictly prohibited
2.To use our service, user must be at least 18 years old
3.The full name (including surname, middle and given names) must match the full name on the NRIC, passport, and driver's license.
4.The ID number must match the uploaded document that you submitted (passport, driver's license, NRIC)
5.Submission of the residential address is required
6.The following regions or countries are not eligible for personal or enterprise services:
The United States of America, People's Republic of China, Crimea, Cuba, Iran, Russia, North Korea, Syria, Hong Kong, and Singapore, or any entity or individual subject to restrictions under applicable trade sanctions and export laws.
- However, if you have another residential address in other countries besides the ones stated above, you may utilize our services by providing us with documents to prove that the address is in another country.
- Proof of address is required (within 3 months). Bank statements, public bills (water, electricity, gas, phone bills, tax bills, utility bills, etc.) are acceptable proofs. To assist us in verifying your information, please upload a resident ID card from the country you are currently living in.
- It is necessary to submit the residential address that matches the document address
Personal verification - Level 2
- The photo must show the person holding an ID card, passport, or driver's license, which matches the photo on the level 1 certificate.
- Please ensure that your face, passport, NRIC, or driving license picture is clear, readable.
1.To submit your application, please provide the following information:
- Company's registered country
- Name of the company
- Business License/Certificate number
- Date of expiration of business License
- The address of the company
2.The following documents need to be submitted:
- Business License/Certificate
- The business profile of the company and list of shareholders in the company holding 20% and/or more than 20% of the shares (Requires compliance details)
- Identification of shareholders with more than 20% of the capital (Passport/NRIC both sides photo)